Please contribute to various recycling collections found in the church near the Welcome Center:
- Aluminum cans
- Box tops for Education
- Bingo prizes
- Cell phones
- Flat screens
- Hearing aids
- Sewing supplies
- Used athletic shoes tied into pairs
Here are some other ways you can recycle:
- Aldersgate UMC is part of the Olathe Curbside Recycling. The big blue recycling bin is found in the kitchen. When it is full, please park the full cart to the right of the trash dumpster and bring the empty cart into the kitchen. Call Kelly Brumett at 913-971-9425 for free carts or dumpsters.
- Newspaper recycling dumpsters are found at the south end of Aldersgate’s parking lot. Recycled paper provides some revenue to the church.
- On the fourth Sunday of each month, bring your metal items to the south end of Aldersgate’s parking lot and put them in the back of Kathy Riggs’s red pick-up truck.
- Bring your own coffee mug each Sunday.
- Check the Freecycle bulletin board near the Coffee Bar or near the Welcome Center.
Aldersgate Off-Campus Recycling
Please donate and shop at local thrift stores. The following non-profit thrift store is free for shoppers and are tax deductible for those who make donations:
- Clothing Closet at Center of Grace (an outreach of Grace UMC)
The following are thrift stores whose profits support charities and are tax deductible for those who make donations:
- We throw away 17 billion toilet paper tubes each year (they can be recycled as cardboard).
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough power to run a TV 2.5 hours.
For more recycling questions, please contact Kathy Riggs at (913)782-4435.