AUMC Kids is sponsoring a Pentecost themed Family Bake Off and all are encouraged to participate! Participation is simple; bake a Pentecost themed cake or cupcake, take photos along the way, and share them! Keep reading for rules and participation guidelines.
Rules and Information:
- The images must show a cake or a cupcake you have made, including at least 1 photo that is a “progress photo” and 1 photo of the “finished product”. The baked item cannot be purchased.
- The theme is Pentecost. You are encouraged to read Acts 2 for inspiration.
- The image should be posted on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter using #AUMCkidsBakeOff
- If you do not have one of these social media accounts your photos can be sent to email@example.com
- By submitting photos or using #AUMCkidsBakeOff you are granting AUMC permission to share, repost, and use your photos.
- All submitted photos will be shared to the @AUMCkidsOlathe Facebook page.
- You can choose to participate in all four categories but can only win in one category. Some categories do not overlap, but multiple submissions are allowed. The 4 categories are:
- General submissions – any cake or cupcake submitted qualifies and will be judged in this category. All other categories require an additional hashtag.
- #BeautyInABox The cake is made using boxed cake mix, store-bought frosting, and/or premade decorations.
- #MadeFromScratch The cake, frosting, and all decorations are made from scratch.
- #PracticallyProfessional The cake displays at least 3 of the following: cake is cut/shaped into a shape that varies from the cake pan, includes chocolate, candy, sugar, rice crispy, or fondant work, piped decorations in multiple styles, more than 3 layers, more than 2 tiers, use of coloring/modeling to create textures, cake or frosting that is uniquely crafted/flavored.
- The community is your judge. Winners will be decided by photo likes in the Facebook event.
- Winners will be announced on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter by @AUMCkidsOlathe.
- Have fun and happy baking!